reminder that i’m cute + amazing
Going on right now in Ferguson: Police are raiding a church that has been stocked with medical supplies, food, and tear gas recovery kits for community members engaging in protests. This cannot be allowed to continue.
Stand up, speak out.
This is real life. (x)
I know we’re all stories,
and I’m sorry we’re all tragedies.
- Donate money to have those arrested in Ferguson released on bail. These people belong on the streets, especially at a time like this.
- Send a note of condolence to the family of Michael Brown. Let’s not forget the tragedy that started this.
- Donate to the Michael Brown…
HE’S GETTING AWAY
[Image: a series of tweets by justified agitator (@Awkward_Duck) on August 19, 2014.
1:23 AM: We literally laid in someone’s backyard for what seemed like an eternity while tanks rolled down the streets #Ferguson
1:26 AM: I’m live tweeting because there’s a media blackout. #Ferguson
1:33 AM: I’m so shaken. They’re literally just rolling around throwing tear gas into neighborhoods-not aggressive crowds. #Ferguson
1:34 AM: I was pouring milk over one guys eyes when they came back around and threw another at us. #Ferguson
1:51 AM: Let me repeat, THEY ARE GASSING NEIGHBORHOODS not crowds of protestors.There was only a few of us walking. there is no curfew, so why?]
baby, baby, baby, we could be anything
I’ve been reading about monsters under the bed
and dreaming that I am one;
reading about jobs in far-off cities;
and dreaming that they’re worth it.
and oh, I know what they say,
what they don’t say,
what the mean,
but I’ve been reading,
and this is the way that stories start.
baby, baby, baby, we could be everything
we’re stronger than our brain chemistry,
than our illness,
than their doubts;
stronger than bad knees and bad days and bad dreams.
we won’t all splinter at once,
and even if we do,
we’ll be okay,
or we won’t,
Chaos in Ferguson. Sunday night, part 4
- no, this isn’t over;
- no, these aren’t from earlier in the week;
- no, everything isn’t alright now;
- no, the police haven’t stopped brutalizing peaceful protesters;
- no, police haven’t intervened to stop the looting;
- no, police haven’t responded to emergency 911 calls for people injured by rubber bullets or children hit by cars;
- no, michael brown’s shooter still has not faced any consequences for murdering an unarmed teenager 9 days ago
hey someone organized a wishlist of things for the protestors in ferguson (stuff like gas masks, food, drinks, umbrellas, earplugs, etc.) so help out if you can!!
if you can afford to buy something from the list pleas do if not please reblog this